Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

family

I am so glad to have my boys back.  Such gentlemen, such great kids.  We had a great family dinner provided by Aida Herrold.  Wonderful conversation with friends on the phone and I am already missing my mom. 
I went to the school today to make sure all lessons were in order and of course I put them under the wrong week so it took a little longer to finish but it felt good to get out of the house for a little.  I had a beautiful scarf waiting for me on my desk.  It is perfect.  Tomorrow, I plan to leave the house for a little just to get the dog his heart worm medicine and front line.  It is going to be hot tomorrow so I plan to go out early.  

Bumps:  Not being able to raise my arms. and drains.  They are going to be an annoyance but I do see the effectiveness of them.

Battle:  The moving slow thing is not my pace.  I believe that God is teaching me to slowwww downnnn.  This is really difficult for me.  I generally find something to do with every minute of every day. I am being forced to read, rest, and relax.   

Blessing:  My boys are back, we had such a great dinner conversation for at least an hour.  I love that time with "us".  It is not that we discuss things of great and deep nature- nope- it is just that we are together.  Mom and Dad are going to visit my aunt in Vero Beach tomorrow and I am going to miss having mom around.  I appreciate so much seeing and hearing wisdom from Godly women.  I am so blessed to have generations of them surrounding me.  Those are the deep things but the simple things today"  Are that my boys are back and I am not feeling so much pain today.  I tried to make it all day with out any pain meds- that lasted till about 2:00 then I dosed up like a good girl.  

 So while reading today I was going over some verses of "encouragement" I found this little one that many times gets left of of the running the good race verse in 1 Corinthians 9- I think I like it, I hope it encourages you just as it does me:

Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

I hope I can run this race God has laid in front of me in a way that would make Him proud.  Not aimless but as a concentrated fighter.  One that has trained, learned from mistakes, and has focus.  Heck, I have the best coach and I know I have a great trainers. Why do I have any doubts. I cannot fail and I will not be disqualified. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment