Pages

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday, I love Sundays

It does not matter that I am in the hospital I love Sundays.  I particulary love that while I was watching church being live streamed, I chatted with the tech guy.  I kept looking at the number of online viewers and just this morning at 9:00, 700 people were watching. God works on line- pretty cool.

So as you guessed, still in the hospital, so bored.  I walked a mile today.  I only had to walk 22 laps around the floor.  It actually is kind of funny.  Sadly, it probably took me 22 minutes.  My day consisted of eating walking sleeping and eating again.  I love that I have a partner, he is about 6'4".   Don't get excited, it is my IV stand.  Still on antibiotics and better yet- no answers.  Maybe tomorrow.

bumps:  no answers and I have not seen Johnathan in 2 days
battles:  see above. I still don't feel very good. 

Blessings: 
 The nurses believe me when I say "fevers coming".  Has this happened to anyone else.  Hands and feet drop about 30 degrees (only in you mind)  Doug says mine are the same but if I lay them on my leg there is a clear difference.  Then in 15 to 20 minutes...fever.  Now they give me acetomenaphen right when I say..my hands are cold.
I felt good enough (in the morning) to walk.  That is the first time in a long time.
Got lesson plans done
Got some sweet emails from students and has a nice visit with Jason Kimack
My husband just sits beside me while I sleep.
The blessing of feeling like I was at church despite the fact that I was not
Great nurses today

so my little preachy moment

 I have an aloe plant.  I can’t kill this thing.  I saw it on the beach years ago and ripped of a little portion of it and thought- I will try to plant it.  If it takes great, if it doesn't well, at least I tried.  The thing is, this plant is now growing out of control.  It is trying to break through the flower pot barrier.  The sides of the pot are barely containing this thing.  I definitely need to transfer this plant somewhere where the boundaries are more open.  Maybe I should divide the plant and set in many different planters so that it can continue to flourish.  It is ironic isn’t it.
Here is the irony.  Yesterday, I said, I am going to be praying Hebrews 13: 20-21 so that I would be renewed, refreshed and energized.   Before I really woke up, I had the old hymn “what a friend we have in Jesus going through my brain”.  Before I could even utter the words,” Now put you together, provide you with everything you need to please him,” was reminded that Christ is in me.  I cannot contain Him.  I am like the flower pot.  He is what comes out of me.  All of the off-shoots that have been taken from the vessel and being replanted somewhere else are going to grow and grow and grow.  Like that aloe plant, it can’t be killed.  He will be glorified. 

We wear ourselves out chasing what we already have.  And our obedience to Him is never wasted.

enjoy the song called walk on water by Britt Nicole


2 comments:

  1. "We wear ourselves out chasing what we already have." Ain't it the truth?

    I quoted you on my facebook page this morning and linked to your blog. Let me know if you don't want me to do that in the future, because I'm going to be reading your blog and I'm thinking you're going to write something I'm going to want to quote again.

    And you've just been prayed for! (I'm Isaac's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! God has blessed you and so we are blessed. I love you. Praying for you without ceasing. God is good!

    ReplyDelete