Pages

Friday, April 13, 2012

this one will be quick

I survived the first chemo session today only 5 to go. I am super tired so I just wanted to update you all and let you know that I am OK.  Mom sat with me while I slept.  Seriously, I slept.  Of course, I had a little help from a narcotic but, hey since I have not slept for the last 2 nights- it was exactly what I needed.   The nurse was fabulous!  Mom got feed cookies all day.  I was there for 6 hours.  I am OK.

Bumps:  They were not kidding about fatigue.  I guess my body is kicking itself to figure out what are these caustic things in my body.  I am really going to bed in 20 minutes.  Hoping that I actually get to see Steven  before I go to sleep.

Battles:.  not sick yet, but they tell me it will not happen till Sunday or Monday.  I am believing that I will not be sick at all.  But, I am so tired and I don't want to be sick as well.

Blessings:
I slept- enough said
mom and dad to help
a hubby who is a rock, and was anxious for me while he was at work
a chaplain that came by to pray with me before I started
did I mention rest- sweet rest
dinner cooked by Lindsey and Mia- thanks

I did go up to the school for the white.  I am so proud of the family that is created and the support they show for each other.   I am so moved  by the caring good hearts. Such a special moment for a special girl.  She is a young lady that is so full of poise and settled in to the game like no other.   

I did get to see Steven so now I officially am going to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you had a good day and are feeling well. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete