Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

oh hey friends

What an amazing day!  So, I feel really proud of myself.  I had part of a chemo session and went back to school to finish off the day.  Once home, I was super tired but I gave myself my antibiotic via port and kicked back.  A very stealthy student came by, left a gift at my front door and not one person inside noticed, not even my dorky protector of the house, dog face, Teddy.  Glad I have an attack dog.  Inside this gift bag were some wonderful socks. It is my "dirty little secret".  There is nothing better than a new pair of socks.  Either, their mom is reading the blog, they are reading the blog or they just know my heart but - thank you!  Whomever you are.  The nurse in the chemo pod was phenomenal, I kid you not- she had to re-access my port and I did not feel it.  So many good things today.


Bumps:   my range of motion in the left arm is affecting the different ways I can tie my scarves around my head.


Battles:  Only having 1 part of chemo today and having to wait for the rest since I have...well a gaping wound in my chest. I understand the why but I just want to get on with it.


Blessings:  Well I mentioned two above but there are more.
I have had many complements on the way I look. I don't feel I have done anything different.  I have a theory.  There are no distractions.  No hair, or special make up- it is just me.  This is when God shines brightest, because what people are seeing is His reflection.  Most definitely His reflection.  
Worked- I love my job
New socks- yeah
High white blood cell counts
It is nurse appreciation week and I appreciate them.
Teachers- great teachers who have prepared thousands of students nationwide to take advance placement test this week- My kids have some winners and Heather- you know your kiddos will do well- but most of all- I am so glad I am not teaching AP class this year.  This whole cancer thing would have thrown them for a loop.
Students that check in on me- just because


So very tired, so very tired so I am going to bed.


It was a good day

No comments:

Post a Comment