Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So here is the blog all of you have been waiting for:


Let me give you the nitty gritty first- then I will feel you in with my  3B's of the day.


We started, because I made Doug go with me today, at 12:30PM.  We met with Dr. Demmers- the surgeon- first.  After his consultation. We meet with Dr. Maroose- the oncologist and then were to meet with the plastics guru but by the time we finished it was 5, so we rescheduled for tomorrow at 10:30.  I have been poked, pricked (more blood test) for 4 hours.  I am glad we rescheduled.  This is what I know.  I will be having a bilateral mamagram (both will be gone), no reconstruction until later, a port will be inserted for chemo.  I do not know for sure how many sessions but we want to be ready for what ever.  We will not know stage until they do a "sentinel biopsy" in the lymph nodes @ that point we will know the extent of chemo.  I love my oncologist.  She took so much time to be thorough yet didn't give me medical jargon- just facts. She explained pathology reports.  Yes estrogen markers (most common) unfortunately the HER2 (?) was also a big factor which is why we will be joining the league of bald men.  The amount of info is ridiculous.  There is a high probability that I will have an oopharno something (laproscopic ovary removal) due to the results on my braca test.  Again, 2 aunts with breast cance, 1 sister ovarian cancer and a grandmother with ovarian cancer; was the 300 dollar test necessary to show a positive marker.    So now it is on to the races- this should all start to move pretty quickly now.  Surgery will probably take place in two weeks or so, chemo about two weeks after that.


so now the 3B
bumps:  Well I am about to loose two so that about sums it up.
battles:  Now that a course of action has begun I have to start prepping class schedules and more importantly talking to HR.  I am more nervous about that- than going under the knife.  I really did not have to fight for anything today- I have resigned myself to the appointment times- they are guidelines for the doctors to follow.  It made a difference that the oncologist spent probably an hour with us today and the surgeon 30 minutes -so ye it is good.


Blessings:  Kelly Raines- you are a woman of God- your prayer was so uplifting and powerful today that no one could have left with a spirit of fear.  You prayed God's word into me and it IS still and ever present.
Doug- having my oopher and quifer removed will be a private joke for a long time.  Thank you for taking the afternoon off to go sit through all my appointments.  I know a lot of stuff is going down at work and you did it anyway.  Tony Pitts- you covered my class of 25--that is all that needs to be said!  you are awesome!  Lori Chepke- your text came in right at the time I needed it- GOD IS SO GOOD.  I am glad  I did not post my draft blog last night for tonight I might have been eating a lot of crow-
I am nervous but I am confident.  I know there is a plan for this- Jer 29:11 tell me that.  I know that all things work together for good.  And I also know that God must have an incredible amount of trust in me to allow me to be a witness even in time of adversity.  Both the surgeon and the oncologist were complementary on my courage but I have to say that I am a total coward compared to the fierce battle my sister fought.  That is just like my beautiful hermana- to fight the battle before me so mine would not be as difficult.  She was always my biggest fan.  Thank you all for your prayers.  


I love how my blessings list is always bigger than the bumps and battles.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 27:13, 14
    "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD"

    Sis,

    It is an honor to walk with you, holding up your arms when needed, and watching the glory of God in you! You have sown so much, loved so intensely, shone so brightly - it is harvest time, girl! I pray that you may see the army of God's people who have been positioned to love and serve you at this time!

    Your name means God's promise, or in literal Hebrew: "My God is my vow"...May you be consistently reminded of His promises and vows to you in His word every time you hear your name!

    Te quiero God's promise! May His joy strengthen you!

    ReplyDelete