Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21 2012

So no news today folks, good chance that I won't have any results till tomorrow.   Today, I enjoyed the mom life.  So my younger pitched for the first time since I can't remember when- he did OK and the we got to watch my older finish of a game pitching as well.  So very proud of those boys.


Bump today-In my Spanish III class we are reading a short story by Sandra Cisneros.  We were reading a chapter in which she talks about being "mal nacida"  (bad born).  There is a line in the chapter that says- "los males no tienen ojos", it is a colloquialism that loosely translates "bad things happen to good people".  I generally spend a good 15 minutes having the kids try to figure it out and discussing this idea.  Today however, I just couldn't do it. 
battle-I had none.  JV baseball however- 
blessings:  I have wonderful friends that keep sending me precious words of encouragement. That and the realization that I really do have fantastic boys.

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for Baseball. You are an amazing Mom Liesa! I will always remember you and your cow bell! During LCC Pop warner games. God Loves you and your enthusiasum. You are a blessing to the kids you have taught and are teaching. God has plans for you, keep up the good fight. Ask for strength and you will always be given it. It is an amazing thing! Love you, Cathy Martin
    (Johnny and Danny's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philippians 4:6

    You & your fantastic boys are loved from around the world. Continue to laugh, don't be afraid to cry, & when you feel weak - remember it is He that gives us our strength.

    ReplyDelete